Monday, April 25, 2011

Going From Eggs to Egg Beaters for Better Health

The egg dilemma. What's the answer to the age old question? Which came first? Fat or cholesterol? Having been raised with easy access to Grade AA, fresh eggs direct from the chickens’ nest, I got used to the great flavor and taste of the worlds’ most versatile and inexpensive protein. I admit, after that, it was down hill, but here's how I'm managing to find my way back up, for the sake of good health…




But, I do enjoy Cage-free eggs just because I like the fact that the chickens at least get to be in the sun and have fresh air, somewhat as nature intended. Of course, some people swear by the flavor of organic eggs. Now, in an effort to reduce fat and cholesterol from my diet…here comes Eggbeaters! No fat, no cholesterol, but, it doesn’t taste the same. I tried again to make the transition and this time I mixed shelled eggs with Eggbeaters and found that I could not only stand it, but, enjoy it. I’d "hate" to mix Eggbeaters with heavy cream because that would defeat the whole purpose. I still do aspire to eating Eggbeaters alone, but, it sure still helps when I mix in ham or cheese to make an omelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment